Skip to main content
All Featured Artists
Played on triple j
Played on digital radio
Browse By Genre
A-Z of Unearthed Artists
van sereno - vocals/guitar jarrol renaud - bass ross ferraro - drums byron mark - keyboards
jack johnson, ben harper, john mayer
rnb, soul, jazz
Van is adamant to make music that means something, songs that have a strong message with a catchy chorus (or a hook as he tends to call it). He mentions Babyface, George Benson, Stevie Wonder, Bobby McFerrin, Stevie Ray Vaughn & Prince as strong influences. Currently he enjoys Ben Harper, Jack Johnson, Ani De Franco, John Mayer, Jason Mraz, Dave Mathews Band & Jamiroquai among others.
Van Sereno likes to be known as a songwriter first and foremost, a singer and guitarist next. He’s worked as session guitarist and vocalist on numerous recording and live projects, both covers and originals (In Full Swing, Evail, Afrofunk, Jacuzi, The Pop Experience, etc). He’s supported acts such as John Hammond, Christine Anu, Vanessa Amarosi, Diesel, Andrew Roachford and John Legend in the past. Van can work as an acoustic solo artist or a 3-5 piece band depending on the budget.
His solo debut album “I think I know” was launched April 29th 2005 to a capacity crowd at V Bar in the heart of Sydney city. Nationally distributed through MGM, retailing at $29.95, the album was co-produced by Nathan Johnson (Sleepy Jackson, Citizen Dog, Brett Hunt) and mastered by William Bowden (Gerling, Red Riders, The Cops).
* Vans videoclip “Suspicious” has aired on “RAGE” ABC, “NoiseTV” SBS and “PinoyTV” TVS.
* The title track “I Think I Know” is included on “Sounds Like Café: Volume 7” compilation CD
* The track “Leave” is included on “Sounds Like Café: Volume 9” compilation CD
* Australian Music Online has done a story and interview (http://www.amo.org.au/artist.asp?id=3991)
* ABCRadio has featured Van &“Are You Ready” (http://www.abc.net.au/oztrax/stories/s1369270.htm)
* “Little Bonsai” and “You’re Out” - two new songs not found in the album have been included in the inaugural “Home Grown Roots” compilation CD, June 2006 release.
+ contact this artist
read all reviews »
this artist captures real life, every day moments. this song and his others are easy to relate to. and it's so catchy, it gets caught in my head and ...
Don't know what to say. I like to either love or hate somthing. I want to be polarized. This track is well, meh? I want to like it, but...
The Harsh Reality
User Terms & Conditions